Subject: Re: Thinkpad 760XD PCMCIA problems?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: John D.Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/15/2007 18:31:27
Now that I've had a chance to examine my own log file more:

>     http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/tp760xd20071108.log

I see that something bizarre is going on.  The PCI_INTR_DEBUG output
shows:

[...]
PIR Entry 2:
	Bus: 0  Device: 4
		INTA: link 0x01 bitmap 0xdef8
		INTB: link 0x02 bitmap 0xdef8
		INTC: link 0x03 bitmap 0xdef8
		INTD: link 0x04 bitmap 0xdef8
[...]

But there is no matching device at PCI bus 0 device 4.

The CardBus bridge is found at:

[...]
cbb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: PCI configuration registers:
[...]
Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus Bridge (CardBus bridge, revision
0x04) at ? dev 2 function 0 (tag 0x80001000, intrtag 0x80001000,
intrswiz 0, intrpin 0x1, i/o on, mem on, no quirks): Texas Instruments
PCI1130 PCI-CardBus Bridge (rev. 0x04)
[...]
cbb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 1: PCI configuration registers:
[...]
Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus Bridge (CardBus bridge, revision
0x04) at ? dev 2 function 1 (tag 0x80001100, intrtag 0x80001100,
intrswiz 0, intrpin 0x2, i/o on, mem on, no quirks): Texas Instruments
PCI1130 PCI-CardBus Bridge (rev. 0x04)
[...]

For which there is no IRQ mapping by PCIBIOS.

Seems like there is an issuue in the "PS2" utility that is used under
DOS to configure interrupts.  Further oddity is that I've disabled the
IBM DSP ASIC, yet it's still mapped.

There is a generic-sounding property in the DOS PS2 utility that just
says "PCI Interrupt".  I have it set to "11" and it seems that all PCI
devices (except the CBBIRQx) are mapped to that IRQ line.  CBBIRQx lines
claim to be mapped to IRQs 9 and 10 in the PS2 utility.

I wonder what would happen if I disabled that mapping entirely...

Can anyone with ThinkPad 760XD experience shed some light on what
may be going on?

Thanks.

--
John D. Baker                            NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
http://mylinuxisp(dot)com/(tilde)jdbaker/     OpenBSD            FreeBSD