Subject: Re: ACPI S4BIOS support
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@lists.veego.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/12/2007 07:00:33
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 07:34:59PM +0000, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 07:59:04PM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 07:30:45PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > is there someone out in NetBSD with hardware that supports S4BIOS?
> >
> > How do I find that out?
>
> I guess the simplest approach is to set a breakpoint on
> enter_s4_with_bios and run sysctl -w machdep.sleep_state=4.
> The current code falls back to S3 and should not hit DDB if it is
> missing the bits that tell it that S4BIOS support is present.

You know that using buzz words doesn't make it easier to test it.

Whats S3?
I know that there are some power levels, but I don't want to spend
hours to find out what it does, after looking for S4BIOS and didn't
easily find it.

And what version of NetBSD does it take to use machdep.sleep_state?

Please provide enough informations to make it easy to test it
if you want some feedback (e.g. the breakpoint and so on).

Bernd