Subject: Re: Gateway Laptop 520
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: bsd547 <jbernabe@intlux.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/2007 17:22:50
I'm practically will be doing the same thing when my Cisco class semester i=
over.
It should work.  I already updated my kernel as a Gateway.  I'll be trying
to use my
laptop as a gateway, IDS, and a firewall.  I'm taking Cisco Advanced router
and ASA
this semester and configuration on NetBSD is not so scary.  I'll be using
GateD as
a routing daemon.

So far, I'm having issues installing my LinkSys USB-ethernet card.
Does anyone know how to hack this USB-nic?

-----------------------------------
From dmesg:
ugen0 at uhub6 port 3
ugen0: Cisco-Linksys USB200M v2, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2

Kernel was updated:
NetBSD 4.0_RC3 (netkrnl) #1: Sat Nov 10 16:45:40 PST 2007
        root@netBSD:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/netkrnl

From /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC
Very few USB-ethernets are supported by NetBSD
# USB Ethernet adapters
aue*    at uhub? port ?         # ADMtek AN986 Pegasus based adapters
axe*    at uhub? port ?         # ASIX AX88172 based adapters
cdce*   at uhub? port ?         # CDC, Ethernet Networking Control Model
cue*    at uhub? port ?         # CATC USB-EL1201A based adapters
kue*    at uhub? port ?         # Kawasaki LSI KL5KUSB101B based adapters
udav*   at uhub? port ?         # Davicom DM9601 based adapters
url*    at uhub? port ?         # Realtek RTL8150L based adapters

FreeBSD can't detect my USB also from sysinstall.

Zendrael wrote:
>=20
> Hi all!
>=20
> I want to know if the NetBSD 3.1 runs ok with the gateway laptop 520 -
> it has a celeronM processor - i never had one.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
>=20
> Zendrael =C2=B7.=C2=B7
>=20
>=20

--=20
69237.html#a13698394
Sent from the port-i386 mailing list archive at Nabble.com.