Subject: Re: Fwd: Thinkpad 760XD PCMCIA problems?
To: John D.Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/2007 08:07:22
  cbb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
  Bridge (rev
  . 0x04)
  cbb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 1: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
  Bridge (rev
  . 0x04)
  [...]
  cbb0: bad Vcc request. sock_ctrl 0x0, sock_status 0x30000710
  cbb0: disabling socket
  new status 0x30000710

I think you have at least two problems.  The 'bad Vcc request' makes me
think that the cardbus space was mapped into an area of memory that your
machine can't address.  See cardbus(4) for how to configure a particular
address.

Your machine looks to have ~104 MB of ram, from a previous demesg.  So
I'd try 512M and 256M for RBUS_MIN_START.  If the machine can only take
128, I'd try that too.  On my Thinkpad 600E (which has 192M RAM), 512M
works and 1G doesn't - I think that only the first 20 address lines
work.

  pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A (line=ff)
  cbb0: couldn't map interrupt
  pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin B (line=ff)
  cbb1: couldn't map interrupt

This looks like the BIOS isn't configuring the interrupt properly; try
some of the following options from the GENERIC_LAPTOP config file:

# Configure PCI using BIOS information
options 	PCIBIOS			# PCI BIOS support
options 	PCIBIOSVERBOSE		# PCI BIOS verbose info
#options 	PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
options 	PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS	# see pcibios(4)
#options 	PCIINTR_DEBUG		# super-verbose PCI interrupt fixup

# PCI fixups, for both PCIBIOS and ACPI
options 	PCI_ADDR_FIXUP		# fixup PCI I/O addresses
options 	PCI_BUS_FIXUP		# fixup PCI bus numbering
options 	PCI_INTR_FIXUP		# fixup PCI interrupt routing

I'd put those in, plus uncomment PCIINTR_DEBUG.