Subject: Primergy 470: siop parity error
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Antonio Bravo <tonio@portalen.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/2007 05:58:15
Hei,

I hope it's the right list for my question.

The box: Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy 470 (mainboard D1031): Intel 440GX
chipset and an LSI sym53c895 scsi HBA, which has a Pioneer DVD-ROM
(DVD-304) at 0,5,0 and an IBM DDYS-T18350N-S96H hard disk at 0,2,0.
The Symbios has parity activated and the parity jumper on the disk is
enabled.
The NetBSD cdrom (3.1 or 4.0RC2) complains:

sd0(siop0:0:2:0): parity error
siop0: scsi bus reset

so the 0,2,0 disk isn't accessible, and the scsictl utility of a NetBSD
installed on an ata disk in the same box is of no use.

I don't know how/where to look further to solve the problem.
That parity error message shows also with the NetBSD forks (OpenBSD,
MirBSD) but FreeBSD (and DflyBSD), Linux, SCO/Uniware and Windows
have absolutely no problem, they install and work without any scsi
warning.

Thanks for any advice,
antonio.

--