Subject: Re: Trouble with NetBSD 3.0 and Cisco Aironet 350
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/2007 09:02:21
	Hello.  Following up on this old thread, I've just acquired an MPI350
Mini-PCI Aironet adapter.  I've applied Rui's patches, which he admits are
incomplete, and believe I see what needs to be done to make the an(4)
driver work with these cards.  It looks like the rest of the Aironet cards
use Programmed i/o to get data in and out of the card.  However, it looks
like one needs to used DMA memory segments to get data in and out of the
Mini-PCI 350.  As of this writing, it looks as though this card is still
not supported in NetBSd-current, or OpenBSD-current, but FreeBSD supports
this card.
	My question is whether anyone else has created patches to the an(4)
driver, or any other driver, to get these cards working?
If not, I'll have a stab at it, though I'm not sure I entirely know how to
use DMA segments in drivers.
If anyone has patches they'd like me to test, I'm happy to test them.  It
would be best if those patches were against 3.x, but I could be Pursuaded
to try later kernels if someone has something they think works.
	Any thoghts would be greatly appreciated.
-thanks
-Brian