Subject: Re: How to change serial baud rate on already installed bootblocks (netbsd-3-0-RELEASE)
To: Job Hanssen <job.hanssen@xs4all.nl>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/2007 12:11:22
On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 08:23:57AM +0200, Job Hanssen wrote:

> Ok, I could have put that into words more clearly...
>
> What I tried to convey is that all kernel-output is at 38400 baud, while
> the login-prompt is at 115200 baud...

Are you *sure* you didn't hardwire a serial console in your kernel
configuration?  If you did, it will ignore all console settings from
the bootblocks -- which sounds like exactly what's going on here.

If you run a GENERIC or GENERIC.MP kernel, does this problem still
occur?

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."	      - Noam Chomsky