Subject: sysinst & file sets?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: James Hartley <jjhartley@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/31/2007 16:04:34
I downloaded one of the recent 4.0_BETA2 snapshots, 200708290002Z.
Since I still had a NetBSD 3.1 install ISO, i386cd-3.1.iso, I booted
it, ran through the install process as expected, yet swapped out the
disc for the one containing the 4.0_BETA2 file sets.  If I install all
thirteen file sets, installation is fine.  If I swap in a disc which
does not contain the X file sets, I get into an endless loop upon
reboot.  What is the preferred means of installing the base file sets
without X as I want to install modular X.org from pkgsrc?

Thanks.

Jim