Subject: Re: ACPI: Possible VGA reinit workaround on resume
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/2007 14:05:33
"Jared D. McNeill" wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> >  3. Create a script, "s2r.sh", that does the following:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > /sbin/vbetool vbestate save > /tmp/vbestate
> > sysctl -w machdep.sleep_state=3
> > /sbin/vbetool post
> > /sbin/vbetool vbestate restore < /tmp/vbestate
>
> If this fails for you, please try simply the following:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> sysctl -w machdep.sleep_stat=3
> /sbin/vbetool post

Woohoo!  This latter one works for me on a Dell 640m using the Intel
i945 graphics.  This is with machdep.acpi_vbios_reset=0.

Previously the only way I've been able to get a working display after
suspend is to attempt to start X.  X actually fails to start, but does
re-enable the display in the process.

Cheers,
Simon.