Subject: Re: NetBSD v3.0 and USB devices
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/27/2007 05:47:49
imm@nethotel.dk (Ib-Michael Martinsen) writes:

>When I connect various USB devices (iAudio5 and Zoom H4) to the USB
>port I get no reaction in the /var/log/messages file.

Apparently there is no driver for these specific devices. You
may use the 'usbdevs' (or 'usbdevs -v') command to see if the
devices are recognized at all.

>When I connect
>a USB disk (actually it is an IDE/ATA disk connected via a Newertech
>USB 2.0 Universal Drive Adapter) I get the following message in
>/var/log/messages and nothing else:

>Jul 26 19:35:12 myhost /netbsd: ahc1: Someone reset channel A

This is a message from a Adaptec SCSI driver and very strange
at this place.

For a beginning, please check the output of 'dmesg' to see
if a USB controller (ohci/uhci/ehci) is recognized.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de