Subject: decTOP running on NetBSD/i386!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/2007 01:43:12
Hey folks,

Two days ago, a NetBSD user has sent me a new mini computer to make it
work (all NetBSD versions did not boot because there was a problem in
how it wanted to map the memory).

Some minutes ago, I committed a new driver for the AMD CS5535 Companion
IDE... with the new driver, the disk throughput goes to 25MB/s compared to
1MB/s.

Today I can report that NetBSD runs great on it.

The decTOP is a fanless, low power PC, based on an AMD Geode GX2 500/1W
processor. It comes with a 10GB Hard disk, 4 USB 1.1 ports, Modem, USB
Keyboard/mouse and ethernet (url(4)).

For the record, here is a dmesg of my system running -current:

http://www.netbsd.org/~xtraeme/dectop_dmesg.txt

Thanks to Swifft Griggs for sending me the hardware, it's great that
there are still users that want to contribute to NetBSD.

TODO: driver for the audio and video controller.

--
Juan Romero Pardines	- The NetBSD Project
http://plog.xtrarom.org	- NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish