Subject: Re: pxeboot install on a toshiba 3490ct
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/2007 06:52:41
Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com> writes:

>> Also, it looks like you're trying to load the kernel through tftp
>> (tftp:filename).  Have you tried using nfs instead?  What are
>> debugging tftpd to see if it's reporting any errors?
>
> I have not tried using nfs, yet.  I will give that a try tonight
> hopefully.

I've successfully loaded the kernal via nfs, which worked AFAICT.  I
also tried a 3.1 INSTALL_LAPTOP.  In each case, there is a hang in the
same place, after the spinning bars.

Could it be that the kernel is not really hanging, but instead simply
not displaying messages on the pc console?  I saw some information in
pxeboot(8) about this, just wondering.

Any other ideas much appreciated.

-russ