Subject: Realtek 8110SC not detected on Jetway J7F4K
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: David Lord <netbsd@lordynet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/19/2007 10:30:30
I've just tried getting NetBSD working on a Jetway J7F4K
1.2GHz EDEN Mainboard - Dual GigaLAN Realtek RTL8110SC.

The Realtek onboard lan are not detected. Dmesg gives:

"Realtek Semiconductor product 0x8167 (ethernet network,
revision 0x10) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured.

Realtek Semiconductor product 0x8167 (ethernet network,
revision 0x10) at pci0 dev 11 function 0 not configured."

I've seen mention of a patch for FreeBSD that just
involves adding an extra identifier code to the source,
but wasn't able to locate the patch or find any reference
to this problem on NetBSD. I've had a look at if_re_pci.c
and can only guess adding some identifier there might be
helpful.

I'm currently running with NetBSD 3.1 Generic kernel on
wd1a from my old fileserver. I've prepared a new wd0a
and dump/restored to that but not yet changed fstab for
different partitioning.

Any help much appreciated

David