Subject: Re: 4.99.20 Vs. umass ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2007 16:15:31
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Anders Lindgren wrote:
>> Are other people experiencing problems with USB mass storage devices?
>> I am unable to use a USB Zip drive or USB flash storage devices
>> because of I/O errors.  Looking at the output from dmesg, I have a
>> screen full of...
>>
>>   umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
>>   umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, STALLED
>>   umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, STALLED
>
> FWIV, I am seeing the same on amd64 (but TIMEOUT rather than stalled), on
> both 3.0:ish -current snapshot of GENERIC.MP and 4.0_BETA2 (on 3.0 userland),
> with everything from dead usb to complete system deadlock and even crash
> during reboot.

I found this when upgrading from 2.1 to 3 with some USB hard drives and
spent some considerable time trying to find the commit that broke it, but
it was behaving so randomly, I never got to the bottom of it. I found one
commit that broke device names, but this turned out to be separate from
the BBB problems.

Are you seeing these problems on ehci, uhci or ohci?

--
Stephen