Subject: Re: 4.99.20 Vs. umass ?
To: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
From: Anders Lindgren <ali@df.lth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2007 16:52:09
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Andrew Ball wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are other people experiencing problems with USB mass storage devices?
> I am unable to use a USB Zip drive or USB flash storage devices
> because of I/O errors.  Looking at the output from dmesg, I have a
> screen full of...
>
>   umass0: BBB reset failed, STALLED
>   umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, STALLED
>   umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, STALLED

FWIV, I am seeing the same on amd64 (but TIMEOUT rather than stalled), on
both 3.0:ish -current snapshot of GENERIC.MP and 4.0_BETA2 (on 3.0
userland), with everything from dead usb to complete system deadlock and
even crash during reboot.

Incidentally, I run 4.99.20 on port-evbarm and what little testing I did
there didn't exhibit this behaviour.

Best regards,
ali:)