Subject: RE : Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: Wakeup on LAN and NetBSD
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/11/2007 11:31:40
--- Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org> a écrit :

> How old is that machine? for the error message you
> posted above
> that sounds it does not support ACPI.
>
> --
> http://plog.xtrarom.org/
> Juan RP's blog - NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish

It isn't so hold : it's a Vectra VL 6, a PII machine
that contains HP's WRU/RPO and WoL connector.

But according to my experience w/ HP PC "servers" I'm
starting to wander if this machine follows the
standards or if it has it's own way to manage WoL and
ACPI in general :-(
I used in the past (late '90) a P-120Mhz HP server and
I was unable to install Linux or NetBSD on this
machine as it was so far to PC standards.

Bye

Laurent

The misspelling master is on the Web.
   _________	100 % Dictionnary Free !
 /  Dico  / /	Pleins d'autres fautes sur
(#######( /	http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.