Subject: Re: Digital TV tuners?
To: Bob Kemp <bsd@allegory.demon.co.uk>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/2007 10:24:47
--ncSAzJYg3Aa9+CRW

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 10:42:32PM +0100, Bob Kemp wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H but, although the chips are now recog=
nised,
> the card won't configure.  The bktr(4) man page says that=20
>=20
>     Supported cards include most cards by AVerMedia, Hauppauge, Leadtek,
>     Miro, Pinnacle, Pixelview, Terratec, and some other companies, especi=
ally
>     all cards based on the Brooktree Bt848, Bt848A, Bt849A, Bt878, or Bt8=
79
>     chips.  A notable exception are the ATI All-in-Wonder cards.
>=20
> but I kind of get the impression that this is out-of-date.  Most cards do=
n't
> seem to use the Brooktree chips anymore.  For example,
>=20
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauppauge_Computer_Works#Table_of_produc=
ts
>=20
> Are more recent cards, eg containing the Conexant CX23880, at all compati=
ble?

No, though some seemingly leaked documentation for this family is
findable with Google.

I gave up on a bound-to-be-gave-up-on project of mine:
http://jakllsch.kollasch.net/cxt

> Alternatively, does anybody know of a good card that works w/ NetBSD,
> preferably with UK "Freeview" capability?

If you were in an area that used ATSC I'd suggest the SiliconDust HDHomeRun.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--ncSAzJYg3Aa9+CRW

--ncSAzJYg3Aa9+CRW--