Subject: Re: 3.1_STABLE and SMP
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/2007 17:35:58
Andrew Doran wrote:
>>In common with the first panic, this seems to be on process exit in
>>pmap_destroy.
>>
>>Hope this helps,
>

> Hrm. I don't think there is a lock ordering problem now - I think that
> something is forgetting to release the pmap lock. Is this system a Pentium
> Pro by any chance?

No, brand new IBM dual-core P4 (also been seen on Xeon).

cpu0 at mainbus0: (uniprocessor)
cpu0: Intel (686-class), 3400.26 MHz, id 0xf65
cpu0: features bfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR>
cpu0: features bfebfbff<PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX>
cpu0: features bfebfbff<FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF>
cpu0: features2 e49d<SSE3,MONITOR,DS-CPL,EST,CID,xTPR>
cpu0: features3 20100000<EM64T>
cpu0: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz"
cpu0: I-cache 12K uOp cache 8-way
cpu0: L2 cache 2 MB 64B/line 8-way
cpu0: ITLB 4K/4M: 128 entries
cpu0: DTLB 4K/4M: 64 entries
cpu0: using thermal monitor 1
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep (1324 mV)  - unknown CPU or operating point.
cpu0: 64 page colors

--
Stephen