Subject: Digital TV tuners?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Kemp <bsd@allegory.demon.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/27/2007 22:42:32
Hi,
I've got a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000H but, although the chips are now recognised,
the card won't configure.  The bktr(4) man page says that

    Supported cards include most cards by AVerMedia, Hauppauge, Leadtek,
    Miro, Pinnacle, Pixelview, Terratec, and some other companies, especially
    all cards based on the Brooktree Bt848, Bt848A, Bt849A, Bt878, or Bt879
    chips.  A notable exception are the ATI All-in-Wonder cards.

but I kind of get the impression that this is out-of-date.  Most cards don't
seem to use the Brooktree chips anymore.  For example,

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hauppauge_Computer_Works#Table_of_products

Are more recent cards, eg containing the Conexant CX23880, at all compatible?
Alternatively, does anybody know of a good card that works w/ NetBSD,
preferably with UK "Freeview" capability?

Cheers

Bob