Subject: Re: Sprint/Novatel Merlin S720 Card
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: David Dudley <DavidDu@cctexas.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/2007 13:42:34

--=__Part66411D8A.0__=

Well, getting a little closer, I hope.

I built a kernel with the verbose config messages included, and now I
have:
,
,
,
ohci0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: Compaq USB Controller (rev. 0x08)
ohci0: interrupting at irq 9
ohci0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: Compaq OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
cbb0: interrupting at irq 11
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 1
,
,
,
ohci1 at cardbus0 function 0: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
cardbus_mapreg_map called: cardbus0 0
cardbus_mapreg_map: physaddr 20000000
ohci1: interrupting at 11
ohci1: OHCI version 1.0
usb1 at ohci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ohci2 at cardbus0 function 1: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
cardbus_mapreg_map called: cardbus0 0
cardbus_mapreg_map: physaddr 20001000
ohci2: interrupting at 11
ohci2: OHCI version 1.0
usb2 at ohci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2
uhub2: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
,
,
,
Still nothing displayed for a device attached to usb1 or 2.
When I unplug the card and reboot, I only have usb0, so it thinks that
the card has 2 usb hubs on it.
I found some data about using the card with Linux on EVDOforums.com,
and it said that the card was
vendor 0x1410 and product 0x1130.  I added a definition to the usbdevs
file under the Novatel 630 line (which is listed as Merlin CDMA).
I also added an entry for that device to ugensa.c (I matched the format
for the Novatel 630 definition).

Still no luck.  Beginning to think I should try this thing under Linux.
 I know however, that if I plug the device into my Windows laptop, it
immediately recognizes it and starts up the Sprint Connection Manager.

The box I'm trying to get this running on is netbooted off of our
NetBSD boot server.  It has nothing else on it, and is planned
(destined?) to be installed at a remote location with a compact flash
disk if I can get it to work.

David

>>> "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> 4/26/2007 11:37 AM >>>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:05:48 -0500
"David Dudley" <DavidDu@cctexas.com> wrote:

> Didn't realize that the email would be truncated when it found a
line
> with only a period.  Have to remember that.
>
> I had it defined, but didn't have the 'port ?' portion included.
Had
> high hopes, but didn't change the problem.
>
> Here's from my dmesg output

> ohci0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: vendor 0x0e11 product 0xa0f8 (rev.
> uhub0: vendor 0x0e11 OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> ohci1 at cardbus0 function 0: vendor 0x1033 product 0x0035 (rev.
0x43)
> uhub1: vendor 0x1033 OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> ohci2 at cardbus0 function 1: vendor 0x1033 product 0x0035 (rev.
0x43)
> uhub2: vendor 0x1033 OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

At a guess, you have to modify the ugensa_devs table in ugensa.c.
I don't know if you should add

	{0x0e11, 0xa0f8},

or

	{0x1033, 0x0035},

but try one or the other, build a new kernel, and test that way.

--=__Part66411D8A.0__=

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
FN:David Dudley