Subject: Re: Sprint/Novatel Merlin S720 Card
To: David Dudley <DavidDu@cctexas.com>
From: John Darrow <jdarrow@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/2007 17:23:05
On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 09:07:12AM -0500, David Dudley wrote:
> I'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the USB over Cardbus
> support.  For some reason, I have 2 of these cards, that will show up
> under dmesg output as USB hubs, but they don't show anything attached to
> them.

I don't think it's not a general problem with USB over Cardbus, as I
have a PANTECH USB-over-Cardbus card that works just fine under
NetBSD 4.0_BETA2, connecting to Sprint Mobile Broadband (EVDO):

ohci0 at cardbus1 function 0: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
ohci0: interrupting at 10
ohci0: OHCI version 1.0
usb1 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub1: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
ohci1 at cardbus1 function 1: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
ohci1: interrupting at 10
ohci1: OHCI version 1.0
usb2 at ohci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2
uhub2: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub2: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
umodem0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umodem0: PANTECH PANTECH USB MODEM, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2
umodem0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has break
umodem0: status change notification available
ucom0 at umodem0

Are you dual-booting with Windows, by any chance?  I run into problems
with Cardbus not working correctly if I warm-boot from Windows -
apparently Windows leaves the Cardbus registers on my laptops in a
state that NetBSD's device probing doesn't like.

jdarrow