Subject: Re: Sprint/Novatel Merlin S720 Card
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: David Dudley <DavidDu@cctexas.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/2007 11:05:48

--=__Part1F3864CC.0__=

Didn't realize that the email would be truncated when it found a line
with only a period.  Have to remember that.

I had it defined, but didn't have the 'port ?' portion included.  Had
high hopes, but didn't change the problem.

Here's from my dmesg output
,
,
ohci0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: vendor 0x0e11 product 0xa0f8 (rev.
0x08)
ohci0: interrupting at irq 9
ohci0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0 at usb0
uhub0: vendor 0x0e11 OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
cbb0: interrupting at irq 11
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 1
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
isa0 at pcib0
,
,
,
ohci1 at cardbus0 function 0: vendor 0x1033 product 0x0035 (rev. 0x43)
cardbus_mapreg_map called: cardbus0 0
cardbus_mapreg_map: physaddr 20000000
ohci1: interrupting at 11
ohci1: OHCI version 1.0
usb1 at ohci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1
uhub1: vendor 0x1033 OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ohci2 at cardbus0 function 1: vendor 0x1033 product 0x0035 (rev. 0x43)
cardbus_mapreg_map called: cardbus0 0
cardbus_mapreg_map: physaddr 20001000
ohci2: interrupting at 11
ohci2: OHCI version 1.0
usb2 at ohci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2
uhub2: vendor 0x1033 OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
Searching for RAID components...
,
,
,
The system sees the USB part of the device, but doesn't output any
information about the card itself.

David Dudley

>>> "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> 4/26/2007 10:22 AM >>>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:07:12 -0500
"David Dudley" <DavidDu@cctexas.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had any success in using this card with NetBSD?
>
> I've been trying to get this recognized, but haven't managed to get
> NetBSD to see it yet.
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the USB over
> Cardbus support.  For some reason, I have 2 of these cards, that
will
> show up under dmesg output as USB hubs, but they don't show anything
> attached to them.

There isn't a generic problem -- my EVDO card (a Verizon PC5740) is a
USB hub with modem, too.  Here's my dmesg (because of what I think is
a hardware issue, I have ehci disabled):

  ohci0 at cardbus0 function 0: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
  ohci0: interrupting at 11
  ohci0: OHCI version 1.0
  usb3 at ohci0: USB revision 1.0
  uhub3 at usb3
  uhub3: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
  uhub3: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
  ohci1 at cardbus0 function 1: NEC USB Host Controller (rev. 0x43)
  ohci1: interrupting at 11
  ohci1: OHCI version 1.0
  usb4 at ohci1: USB revision 1.0
  uhub4 at usb4
  uhub4: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
  uhub4: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
  umodem0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
  umodem0: Curitel Communications, Inc. Curitel Communications, Inc.,
rev 1.10/0.00, addr 2, iclass 2/2
  umodem0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has break
  umodem0: status change notification available
  ucom0 at umodem0

Do you have

  ugensa* at uhub? port ?
  ucom* at ugensa?

in your kernel config?  I know that some cards require that, plus a
change (in some cases) to make ugensa accept that particular card.

--=__Part1F3864CC.0__=

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
FN:David Dudley