Subject: Re: How to report your azalia(4) problems
To: TAMURA Kent <kent@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/23/2007 09:39:23
What could I do to assist in creating a human-readable mixer table for
my hardware?  A short tutorial and/or pointers to other references
would be appreciated.

Often there are sources of information, such as linux "codec dumps"
(from their procfs) which show  groups of pin configurations.  I can
sometimes see how these are represented in the structures you use,
other times I don't.

ALSA often has some useful (?) information as well in their codec
"patches".  IIRC,  FreeBSD's driver now uses a parser for most things,
so it's not as helpful.

Thanks for all your work on this,

--Blair

P.S. Insofar as mmap() is concerned, I would be satisfied with
completely "hard-wired" parameters.
I can teach applications about that.  It would just be very nice to be
able to mmap() a buffer with my hardware, as I would like to start
doing audio work and maybe porting some applications.

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11