Subject: Re: Boot without an active serial console?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Chris Ross <cross+netbsd@distal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/22/2007 15:43:13
On Mar 22, 2007, at 8:25 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   Presumably the cisco server is DTE and has a null modem cable, or
>   it's wired as DCE.  Does it assert DTR (or DSR if it's DCE)?  Does
>   it keep the TXD line in break?   Does the machine boot if you
>   disconnect the cable?

   Okay, I've now checked and see that if I disconnect the cable, it
does boot alright on it's own.  Actually, I pulled the keyboard out
of the keyboard port too, so I should check one and not the other.
But, unless the NetBSD boot blocks behave differently when there's a
keyboard, I wouldn't expect that to be the issue...

   Thanks!

                                 - Chris