Subject: Re: Thinkpad 760XD PCMCIA problems?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: John D. Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/2007 13:50:06
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Greg Troxel wrote:

> # PCI fixups, for both PCIBIOS and ACPI
> options 	PCI_ADDR_FIXUP		# fixup PCI I/O addresses
> options 	PCI_BUS_FIXUP		# fixup PCI bus numbering
> options 	PCI_INTR_FIXUP		# fixup PCI interrupt routing
>
> Then, man cardbus and read about RBUS_MIN_START.  There's a patch in
> current to do this automatically, but I have not had a chance to test
> it in 4.0 and request a pullup.

OK, I've built and installed a kernel with the above options and the
example RBUS_MIN_START value shown in the cardbus manual page.

As far as cbb0 behavior, there is no change.  I have not had a chance
to try the misbehaving PCMCIA cards yet.

I saw the pullup request for the heuristic determination of this value.
Was that all there is, or maybe more PCMCIA/CardBus stuff that might
address TP760XD weirdness?

--
John D. Baker, KN5UKS                    NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
jdbaker(at)mylinuxisp(dot)com                 OpenBSD            FreeBSD