Subject: Re: Anyone with via motherboard experience?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Ball <aball@students.prairiestate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/2007 21:31:44
Hello Tim,

  TR> Also, any other input on other Pentium 4 motherboards
    > would be appreciated.. I'm specifically looking for
    > one that would take a 641 Cedar Mill CPU.

Out of interest, is that because you already have the Cedar
Mill chip?  My only Pentium 4 experience has been with a
Biostar P4SXQ mainboard with SiS chipset and leads me to be
wary of both Biostar and SiS.

The Pentium 4 chips run too hot for my tastes, but if I
found a Pentium 4-M (a different animal from the 'Mobile
Pentium 4') then I might consider it.  I'm not sure those
will work in an ordinary Socket478 mainboard though. Perhaps
someone on the list knows.

- Andy Ball