Subject: Re: Intel Mac mini
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/2007 08:42:22
In message <20070310122810.D2B2A1684@ikosaegor.lokales.netz>, Dennis den Brok writes:
>what I yet didn't get from this list about NetBSD on the Mac mini
>is: Is power management and fan control supported?, and: After
>having installed via BootCamp, is BootCamp still necessary in order
>to get NetBSD running?
>Apart from that and lacking sound, this really looks like a nice
>option. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on the above points? TIA.

My primary personal desktop is an intel mini.

You do still need the BootCamp partition, but you can completely nuke the
MacOS X partition.

Power management and fan control, well, it runs quiet and doesn't burst into
flames; can't say much more.

I'd love to see the audio fixed, but I gave up and went to a USB audio device
months ago.

-s