Subject: Re: acpi SCI interrupt override bug
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/2007 07:55:21
netbsd@lists.veego.de (Bernd Ernesti) writes:

>On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 11:36:59PM +0000, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
>> I've been trying to trouble shoot why the acpi_ec was not interrupting
>> (SCI) on my laptop. I finally narrowed it down to the patch below.
>Woooww. You rock.

>> I have no idea whether this is the best or even the right way to fix
>> the problem. But this is a _bug_ no doubt.
>This fixed my port-i386/35618 problem.

I tried this patch for my Thinkpad T43. One result is that I
can enable ioapic now, the other is that the BIOS keyboard
combinations (like switching video output) no longer work.

I don't know if that is a good or bad sign :) But if it is
a good sign there needs to be a way to restore that functionality.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv@serpens.de