Subject: Re: acpi SCI interrupt override bug
To: Cherry G. Mathew <cherry.g.mathew@gmail.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/25/2007 05:39:28
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 11:36:59PM +0000, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
> and setup the interrupt vector to it. Result: SCI was not serviced.
>
> On the whole, my impression of reading the MD interrupt code is that
> there much ambiguity between the use of terms IRQ, pin, interrupt etc.

Mine too.  But you got farther with it than I ever did: you actually
fixed something. :-)

(Someday someone will show me exactly _why_ interrupt handlers for
 devices that have the same legacy IRQ, but are on different pins of
 different ioapics, sometimes get each others' interrupts in our
 kernel.  I just know _that_ it happens...)

Thor