Subject: Re: Novatel Wireless 3G card support ?
To: None <joel@carnat.net>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/2007 17:43:38
Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net> writes:

> here's the modem part:
>   port 1 powered
>   port 2 addr 3: full speed, power 500 mA, config 1, Novatel Wireless
> HSDPA Modem(0x8116), Novatel Wireless(0x413c), rev 0.00
>
>> See src/sys/dev/usbdevs, and edit them the new values in.
>> Regenerate by 'make -f Makefile.usbdevs'.
>
> in sys/dev/usb/usbdevs, there already is a NOVATEL definition:
> vendor NOVATEL          0x09d7  NovAtel
>
> but I also found:
> vendor DELL             0x413c  Dell
>
> So... should I had "0x8116" in the DELL devices list should I add
> another entry for "0x413c" and add the "0x8116" entry in it's device
> section ?
>
> TIA,
> 	Jo

I added the other novatel definitions, which are for a high-end GPS
receiver and a CDMA card.  It seems that novatel has built something
branded for Dell, but not quite done the branding 100%.

I'd just add the 8116 in the Dell section.  Until you get something to
actually work it doesn't matter much, and even then the important
thing is to associate the vendor/product tuple with the right driver.