Subject: pms0: unusual delay
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/19/2007 18:44:13
I've just put -current on my laptop (running a kernel based on LAPTOP)
and I'm very frequently getting:
pms0: pms_input: unusual delay (0.040001 s), scheduling reset

At this point, X hangs (no k/b or mouse) for about 3 seconds. This also
happens if I've got wsmoused running at the console.

This is with:
pms0: Synaptics touchpad version 4.1

This didn't happen before (I've been running this laptop since 1.6 days,
but have been on 2.1 for a while), but I may have seen it a bit during
brief 3.0 testing. Increasing the delay from 40000 to 100000 in
synaptics.c fixes the problem. What's the reasoning behind the 40000us
delay limit?

--
Stephen