Subject: Re: Test drive NetBSD 3.1 i386pkg CD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy <timothy@jupiter.stcl.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/2007 10:47:42
On Thursday 15 February 2007 05:41:51 pm Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I'll need something to hand out at some roadshows soon, so I've assembled
> a i386pkg CD with NetBSD 3.1 and packages from the pkgsrc-2006Q4 branch.
> It's not perfect in that some binary packages are not available and thus
> prevent installation e.g. of KDE, but that's what we have GNOME for,
> right? ;)
>
> Available files:
>   * ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/hubertf/netbsd-i386pkg-3.1.iso
>   * ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/hubertf/netbsd-i386pkg-3.1.md5
>   * ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/hubertf/netbsd-i386pkg-3.1.README
>
> I've also appended the README below.
>
> I'd appreciate if someone could setup some desktop machine and let me know
> if anything substantial's missing.

Downloaded and installed on an Athlon/64 3500.  Following the instructions in
your README to install gnome from the package dir and everything worked
perfectly.  Of course I enabled fam, hal, etc.. from the gnome instructions
and the desktop popped up into 1600x1200 on first entry.  No errors.  The
only thing I would like to mention is the iso image is > 700mb so I had to
burn to dvd.

Timothy