Subject: Re: Novatel Wireless 3G card support ?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/2007 09:45:08
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Michael van Elst wrote:
> joel@carnat.net ("Joel CARNAT") writes:
>
>> I'm trying to get my (Dell D420) internal 3G card working with NetBSD
>> (4.0_BETA2). I tried booting GENERIC, GENERIC_LAPTOP, XEN3_DOM0 (yes,
>> playing with virtualization too :) and a modified GENERIC (to get VESA and
>> MP support). None of them seem to attach the device.
>
> I doubt that we support this card, apparently not even Linux does.
>
> According to Novatel the EU740 has a Mini-PCI and a USB interface.
> You should see either some PCI device which is 'not configured'
> or an USB controller (ohci/ehci), possibly with a ugen device
> attached. Maybe this gives a hint..

This sounds similar to my experiences getting a Vodafone 3G card to work.
First I had to get ohci to attach via cardbus, then a ugen device attached
to that. Next, I tried to attach a USB serial driver to it. The first one
I tried worked (ubsa) and after fixing a panic, it worked fine. However,
if there is no Linux support, you may well not have any luck.

However, a dmesg would be useful.

--
Stephen