Subject: Re: NMI on Compaq 1850R
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Chris Ross <cross@distal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/22/2007 13:23:16
   So, I was about to start working on another patch, for current,
and commenting on other things w.r.t. the recent thread about the
82443BX support in pchb.c.  And I thought since I was working in that
code anyway, I might as well look at:

/* XXX should be in dev/ic/i82443reg.h */
#define I82443BX_SDRAMC_REG     0x76

   And I see another in there for the i82424 that's similar.  Is
there any real feeling, from the i386 port folks, or core for that
matter, about how serious this comments are?  These are at this point
quite old chips, and I would imagine not very likely to be used in
anything else.  There is no mention of ht 82443 anywhere else that I
can find except in the PCI device tables, and AGP related things in
dev/pci/agp_intel.c.  (Interestingly, the above symbol is still
defined in arch/amd64/pci/pchb.c, but unused.  ;-) )

   Anyway.  Let me know if anyone in port-i386 or core would actually
*like* there to be a dev/ic/i82443reg.h.  If so, I'll correct that
and submit a patch that modifies i386/pci/pchb.c and creates the one-
definition version of i82443reg.h.

   Thanks.

                                      - Chris