Subject: X11 problems with 3.1?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/2007 10:10:58
I upgraded my laptop to 3.1 recently (from 2.99)
Upgrade was _very_ smooth btw, and everything works well.

Except... last night my daughter was ssh'd to a 2.0 system
and at least 3 times her emacs aborted with

X protocol error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) on protocol request 38

when trying to position the cursor with the mouse.  I couldn't repeat
the trick, but I just had an emacs session at work (on a freebsd
system) dissapear when I tried to cut/paste a url into a browser.

The culprit _may_ be my window manager (fvwm95) which was
built back in 2002 (1.6 ?)

anyone seen similar prolem, or otherwise have a clue?

Thanks
--sjg