Subject: Re: Thinkpad T60 mostly works - trouble with wm(4)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2007 08:55:50
I've had the problem where the wscons fonts are not restored properly,
e.g. 80x50 mode is restored as 80x25.

There are different ways to deal with this:

1) Run only 80x50 VTs and change the X server code (somewhere in
Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bsd, IIRC) to use 80x50 mode instead of
80x25.

2) Use a fairly recent version of the X.org server.
This does not have this problem for me (using the xf86-video-intel
driver, at least).

I used to have actual corruption of console text mode, but this was
fixed when I removed a hunk of the AGP code that was freeing memory
mappings that were already freed by the calling function.

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":