Subject: Re: Thinkpad T60 mostly works - trouble with wm(4)
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/09/2007 13:33:18
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:26:34 -0500
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 03:58:59 +0100
> Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de> wrote:
>
> > * Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de> [2007-01-08 22:56]:
> > > Can you pleaes try
> > > http://serpens.de/~mlelstv/netbsd/synaptics.patch ?
> > >
> > > This should make the trackpoint and 3 buttons operational when the
> > > trackpad is activated.
> >
> > The trackpoint and touchpad work, but the middle button doesn't.
> >
> I'm not having any problems with the middle button on mine.  An X
> config problem, perhaps?

I filed a PR

http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=34762

about a problem with an IBM X31.

It may be the age of the device. But I suspect its s/w. I just can't
prove it.

(intermittent loss of middle button)

I find that I can bring it back by use of the 2-button emulation, with
some toggling around. And as long as I keep using mice buttons, its
fine, but after a few seconds idle time, its gone again.

mind you, there is no touchpad on an X31. So there is little common h/w
in the loop here..

 -G