Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0Beta2 ISO
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/2007 22:39:39
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:08:18 -0500
"Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:19:35 -0500
> Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net> wrote:
>
> > Would someone tell me where I can get the NetBSD 4.0Beta2 ISO?
> >
> > I'm looking to do an install on an Intel Core 2 Duo machine with
> > Intel DG965SS motherboard.
> >
> > Any known issues with the on-board NIC?
> >
> The Intel web site for the board says it has a 82566DC chip.  I don't
> see that string mentioned in any NetBSD driver.  It is in the FreeBSD
> em driver.  Beyond that, the odds are high that if it does work on
> NetBSD, it will have problems with link auto-negotiate, but can be
> hard-wired to the speed needed.  (I suspect the chip will work, but it
> may need some new configuration strings added to the wm driver.)

I'll likely wait then...perhaps it will be better supported when 4.0 is
formally released.  Troubleshooting is not my forte. ;-)

--
Cheers,
Trey

	To A Quick Young Fox:
Why jog exquisite bulk, fond crazy vamp,
Daft buxom jonquil, zephyr's gawky vice?
Guy fed by work, quiz Jove's xanthic lamp --
Zow!  Qualms by deja vu gyp fox-kin thrice.
		-- Lazy Dog

Linux laptop 2.6.16.27-0.6-default i686 GNU/Linux
 10:38pm  up 3 days  5:34,  5 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.21, 1.06