Subject: Re: NetBSD 4.0Beta2 ISO
To: Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/2007 21:08:18
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:19:35 -0500
Trey Sizemore <trey@thesizemores.net> wrote:

> Would someone tell me where I can get the NetBSD 4.0Beta2 ISO?
>
> I'm looking to do an install on an Intel Core 2 Duo machine with Intel
> DG965SS motherboard.
>
> Any known issues with the on-board NIC?

The Intel web site for the board says it has a 82566DC chip.  I don't
see that string mentioned in any NetBSD driver.  It is in the FreeBSD
em driver.  Beyond that, the odds are high that if it does work on
NetBSD, it will have problems with link auto-negotiate, but can be
hard-wired to the speed needed.  (I suspect the chip will work, but it
may need some new configuration strings added to the wm driver.)