Subject: RE: OT: copying a WinXP disk
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: SHands <shands@psirens.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/2006 10:12:57
Or, even easier than that, would be to use some imaging software (my
favourite being PowerQuest's PQDI. Or, if things turn desperate, Norton
Ghost). PQDI is mainly aimed at FAT32/NTFS users - but also handles *BSD
(amongst other) partitions fairly well too.

If it were me, I'd slave the old drive, start PQDI from DOS and do a simple
disk-to-disk copy (and let it resize the partitions to allow for any new
space). The only thing to be careful of, however, is drivers when XP starts
for the first time on the new kit!

Stuart