Subject: bootfloppy-big.fs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/2006 16:35:57
I've been hoping for option #2 for ages.  Although I'm not using LFS
now because of a few odd problems (pax/tar consuming all available CPU
and spending a lot of time in biowait, the occasional panic), I'd love
to have the option to use it from sysinst.  Also, putting RAID/ccd
tools on the install media would be nice for both install and recovery
purposes.

The only time I use bootfloppy-big.fs is for netbooting and writing to
USB keys; I'd welcome a size increase. ;)   In fact, a large,
full-featured filesystem image for USB keys (and other disk devices,
obviously) would, IMHO, be a most convenient addition.  I realize that
we can't grow the distribution size to infinity, but we should
``modernize'' certain aspects of it.  USB flash disks have become
affordable enough to make them an installation/recovery option for a
majority of users.

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!

<http://www.wfmu.org/>
91.1 FM Jersey City, NJ
90.1 FM Mt. Hope, NY

"The Reggae Schoolroom":