Subject: Driver for the Broadcomm Airforce One wireless device???
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/2006 22:53:12
	Hello folks.  I decided to try booting the BETA of NetBSD-4 on my
wife's Dell Latitude D610 to see what devices worked and which ones didn't.

The good news is that most things seem to work, the USB, the disk drive,
the onboard Broadcom Gigabit ethernet, and the integrated sound chip.
	The two big things that don't seem to work are the Broadcom wireless
device, see below, and the Texas Instruments cardbus bridges.  I'm using
the boot-com.iso cdrom image from the ftp site, so perhaps the cardbus
bridges are in the full kernel and if I actually installed the OS on the
hard drive, they would work.  However, in this demo mode, I can't tell if
the integrated bluetooth device works in NetBSD-4 because I suspect it's
logically behind one of the non-working cardbus bridges.

	However, more importantly, the Broadcom AirForce One wireless chip
built into this laptop appears to have no driver, if Google is any guide.
Does anyone know if there is a way to use the wireless on this laptop with
NetBSD?  There were some pages in my  Google search which intimated that it
might be possible to use Windows NDIS drivers with NetBSD to get the
wireless fired up, but I'm a bit unclear how to do this, and how the NDIS
support works in NetBSD-4, if it works at all, and what steps are necessary
to use it.

	Has anyone else run across this wireless device in their laptop, and,
if so, what have they done to get around it or make it work?
-thanks
-Brian

vendor 0x14e4 product 0x4318 (miscellaneous network, revision 0x02) at pci3 dev
3 function 0 not configured