Subject: Re: adaptec 2420sa
To: Catherina V. Epifanova <epifanova@telemost.ru>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2006 14:12:47
--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 03:54:34PM +0400, Catherina V. Epifanova wrote:
> Hello.
>=20
> I'm using NetBSD 4.0 and I cannot find supporting of this raid
> controller (for 4 sata II disks, pci-x).
>=20
> Will be supporting of this controller in neares releases of NetBSD?

That version of controller is not supported ATM. Though
aac(4) supports close version 2410SA, it seems
2420SA is quite different and needs more complicated driver
changes according to the FreeBSD driver. Though the changes
appear to be quite easy to merge into our driver, it's not
a simple matter of adding new table entry into aac_ident[].

Jaromir
--=20
-=3D- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=3D-
-=3D- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=3D-

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD

--uZ3hkaAS1mZxFaxD--