Subject: Re: Intel Mini?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2006 16:20:36
In message <20061003210931.GM23575@kirkkit.kollasch.net>, "Jonathan A. Kollasch
" writes:
>I really can't see why anyone would want Mac hardware that's
>not significantly different than stuff that's often cheaper, and
>better supported by NetBSD.

The pragmatic reason is that I had to get an Intel Mini for a project, and
now I have it, and it would be an upgrade from what I'm currently using as
a desktop.

That said, if you can suggest a dual-processor x86 that can take 2GB of
memory, with an 80GB disk and a DVD burner, which runs absolutely silently
under normal load, takes up almost no desk space, and has a comparable
budget, I'd love to hear about it.  I have never seen one, though.  And no,
a "microATX" case isn't the same.  This thing is fanless except under load,
and essentially inaudible.  It makes an excellent desktop.

-s