Subject: Re: Intel Mini?
To: <>
From: Davide Zanon <d.zanon@infinito.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/03/2006 22:44:19
On Oct 3, 2006, at 10:27 PM, Peter Seebach wrote:

>> I think you need to use bootcamp.
>
> I suspect so.  Apple's documentation on "how to use bootcamp" talks
> at great
> length about windows driver CDs and such, which makes me more than
> a little
> worried, but maybe I can get it working.  :)

Booting with BootCamp works, but maybe you should try with -current
from the
beginning...
I have a Macbook (so similar hardware) with BootCamp installed, and
the NetBSD
CD boots just pressing the C key (and waiting) after the usual
startup sound.
Then you could also try rEFIt to manage the mess that BootCamp does
(EFI vs.
MBR partition tables are different and incompatible, etc).
I dare say that the system should work quite decently, as the main
problem with
my computer is the internal USB keyboard (not an issue for you) which
screws
up the system and doesn't let me install anything, while the rest of
the hardware
seems to be recognized :(
Good luck and let us know what happens!

Davide