Subject: Re: appropriate posts to port-i386
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/30/2006 02:33:54
--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

Paul (NCC/CS) wrote:
> i recently posted about mounting a "later release"
> 5th generation ipod on this list.
[...]
> The way i understand it is that such a low level system
> code problem on a i386 machine means that this is the
> place for it. And a place like netbsd-users is for high
> level software usage issues.

While bugs and such might always turn out to be specific to certain
architectures, it's best to ask on a non-specific list first. If in
doubt, I would always ask on netbsd-users or maybe current-users if
you're using the latest and greatest instead of a release.

Actually, if all i386 users asked here and PPC users asked over there,
that would cause some "balkanization" of the user-base and unnecessary
duplication of discussions. I would also think that you reach much
more readers over there (for good or for bad).

--=20
Christian

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--