Subject: RE: Installing NetBSD on EPIA 5000
To: Claus Andersen <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Jason Mitchell <jmitchel@bigjar.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/22/2006 07:17:24
If you have another motherboard you can use, then the following will work.
You'll need to contents of /usr/mdec from NetBSD 1.6.2. If you don't have
easy access to a NetBSD 1.6.2 system I can send you a tar file.

1) Move the hard drive to another motherboard
2) Install NetBSD 3.x
3) Reboot
4) Run the 1.6.2 version of installboot. For an ide drive "installboot
/usr/mdec1.6/biosboot.sym /dev/rwd0a" should work.
5) Move the hard drive to the Epia motherboard

This works for me on an Epia board and NetBSD 3.0.1.