Subject: Re: Boot problem - Error no operating system on SATA drive
To: Peter Hardman <peter@ssbg.zetnet.co.uk>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/14/2006 00:17:53
--qYrsQHciA3Wqs7Iv

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 10:38:08PM +0100, Peter Hardman wrote:
> The cd doesn't have hexdump, and mounting the /usr slice and running
> from there, (or from hexdump on a floppy)  hexdump fails with a syntax
> error - I guess it must need something else beside the executable.
> I'll look into it later.

naturally, it needs the shared libraries which are on your disk since
the installation environment itself is static.  you could just mount the
disk partitions and chroot into the / directory of your hard drive.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--qYrsQHciA3Wqs7Iv