Subject: Re: can i get ver 1.130 of usb_subr.c into 3.0 kernel?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/2006 14:27:36
--jmkJtp15SxLq1SbD

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 12:18:10AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:06:27 +1000, "Paul (NCC/CS)." <pts@bom.gov.au>
> wrote:
> > (ps I don't want to upgrade the whole OS again just to get the ipod to =
work.
> >     I haven't got a spare week.   I just want to rebuild the kernel , i=
f possible. )
> >=20
> I think that 3.0 already has the fix included -- at least, my wife's iPod
> worked just fine on 3.0.  It's simple to test: plug in your iPod.  If the
> system sees it as a disk, all is well.

Paul: Are you using 3.0, or something from the netbsd-3-0 branch, or
something from the netbsd-3 branch?  The fix may have been pulled up
more recently than the original 3.0 release.  We can't really tell
which fix unless you describe the problem.

There's no reason an OS upgrade should take anything like a week, but
that aside, you can quite readily upgrade just the kernel.

In the first instance, the best thing would be to try a kernel from
the 3.1 release candidates and see whether they behave differently.

--
Dan.
--jmkJtp15SxLq1SbD

--jmkJtp15SxLq1SbD--