Subject: pxe boot screen blanking
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/18/2006 11:16:08
I've been successfully pxe booting 3.0_STABLE, but I've just received a
slightly revised motherboard (VIA Eden) to our normal type. As soon as it
loads the pxe booter, the screen blanks and no further progress can be
seen. I tried using a serial console, but while it got a little further it
hung while loading the kernel.

The same boot sequence works on every other board I've tried. I tried
pxelinux which worked fine, so it looks like an odd NetBSD specific
problem. I'm currently compiling -current so I'll try the pxe booter from
there when it's done, but I didn't spot anything obvious in the cvs logs.

Booting from a local disk works fine, so it looks to just be the pxe part
that's failing.

What's the way forward with this (assuming that -current doesn't fix it)?

--
Stephen